The Family of Jeunesse

The Family of Jeunesse
All the products available through my link

Tuesday 7 April 2015

How Young do you think I am?


Not a Normal Day!

I had a great day today - it's not because the weather was +16 in early April or because it was the backside of the Easter Long weekend or because I had finished running all my errands early enough that I had a chance to sit down outside the coffee shop to enjoy a quiet cup of coffee and muffin, but it was because of the conversation I had with a very interesting young man.

Anyone younger than me by 20 years or so is considered - in my books - a young man.... So, there I was just sitting outside the coffee shop people watching. I was enjoying watching all the people hustling and bustling past me and I remember thinking how happy I was that I had finished my errands and was able to sit in the sunshine and watch life pass bye for the next 1/2 hour or so.... 

Imagine my surprise when a lovely young man asked if the chair next to me was free. I thought he meant so he could take it to another table - so I said sure. He pulled it out and sat down with his coffee and lunch. I was busy people watching and not really paying much attention to the new addition at the table so when he started chatting to me I was a bit surprised. 

I learned a lot about him in a relatively short period of time and each time he spoke I kept calculating in my mind how old I thought he was and why would he want to sit and chat to a middle aged woman when there was lots of bare skin sitting around me! I found out that he was here for school and that his family was in another city on the other side of Canada and he was enjoying the West Coast and all the sunshine and not missing the snow from this year. His parents were slowly awakening from the winter and he enjoyed sending them pictures of the cherry blossoms and the sunshine. 

AHHH I thought he misses his mom and wants to sit and chat with a mother figure.... That's just so sweet so I changed my mind set and looked at the situation in a more motherly way.... We chatted about movies and books and what amazing things you can do in the city and how much we both enjoyed living here. I chatted about my day and how I had run around doing my errands and now was my time to relax. He asked about my family and I said my children had grown and I was a Grand mother.... Well you should have seen the look on his face. Shock is just a polite way to say what I saw. He looked at me with a funny grin and asked if I was kidding him as he thought I was in college too! 

Oh my... did I really look that young  or was he being polite and meant Adult evening college? I had not even dressed to kill today. Just my normal self with my day face on - nothing fancy.  Why this new attention - hmmm maybe it was due to the new daily facial regime I had been doing over the past week, but could a product really be that great that I look 10 years plus younger in such a short period of time? Well I got my answer and I am not going to change anything that I am doing. This young man gave me the greatest gift today without even knowing it. He made me feel beautiful and young and he did not even know he was doing it. 

I then had a very funny thought - can you imagine if I actually had additional skin showing too today? It probably would have blinded him along with all the people in a close proximity of my table with all the sun reflecting off this pale white skin - lol. I think I will keep my skin hidden for a while longer....

So all in all - it was an amazing day today, who knew that along with the great weather and cup of coffee, I would meet a lovely young man who made me feel like I was back in college with no cares or worries or wrinkles.... There is nothing better than feeling beautiful and knowing others see it too even when you are not trying to stand out in a crowd of many. How was your day?

Just another day!



No comments:

Post a Comment